From: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH AND NEUROSCIENCE, BANGLORE.
Course Affiliation: NIMHANS, BANGLORE M.Phil. In Clinical Psychology course is recognized by RCI.
The course is open to the Candidates with 2 years Master’s Degree in Applied Psychology / Clinical Psychology / Counselling Psychology / Psychological Counselling / Psychology from an Institution/University recognized by UGC with 55% in aggregate for General Category and 50% for SC/ST category candidates. Age limit for applying to M.Phil. clinical psychology course is 32.
Indian National candidates who are permanent employees sponsored/deputed by the State/Central Government or Public Sector undertakings of State/Central Government or Institutions/Universities to pursue MPhil in clinical psychology course can apply ‘under foreign/sponsored category’.
Indian National candidates who are residents of Karnataka can Apply ‘under Karnataka Domicile category’.
Foreign Nationals candidates can apply ‘under Foreign/sponsored category’.
Indian National candidates who have been awarded external fellowship from various governmental Agencies like UGC, CSIR, ICMR and DBT (JRF/SRF only) can also apply. Activation of JRF & SRF of external candidates joining M.Phil. Course at NIMHANS will be activated only after joining the course.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The program for MPhil in clinical psychology includes training in theoretical and practical aspects of Clinical Psychology as well as in research methodology. The course is a Supervised program involving postings in clinical units such as Adult Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Family Psychiatry, Behavioural Medicine, Neuropsychology, Addiction Medicine, Community Psychiatry, and Psychiatric & Neurological Rehabilitation. Theoretical inputs are provided through didactic Lectures, case conferences, seminars and journal clubs.
SEATS & RESERVATION:
Total Number of seats available is 32 .
|CATEGORY||NUMBER OF SEATS|
|All India Category||23|
|Karnataka Domicile category||6|
Reservation under All India Category:
|CATEGORY||NUMBER OF SEATS|
|Other Backward Class||6|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||2|
Reservation under Karnataka Domicile category:
|CATEGORY||NUMBER OF SEATS|
|Other Backward Class||2|
The candidates may fill the application form online through the link www.nimhans.ac.in . Application fee of Rs.1500/- for Indian National candidates of General/OBC category and foreign national candidates. Rs.1000/- for Indian candidates belonging to SC/ST category candidates. There is no application fee for Indian candidates belonging to PWD category. Application fee can be paid through Debit / Credit card. Application should be submitted with the enclosure and photograph. Following documents have to be combined into a single pdf and uploaded in 'qualification document' link:
- 10th/SSLC/Matriculation Certificate, containing Date of Birth and Full name of the candidate
- Marks Card of all years/semesters
- Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from Institution/College
- Migration Certificate from the University
- No Objection Certificate from the Employer (if applicable)
- OBC certificate (if applicable)
- SC /ST certificate (if applicable)
- External Fellowship Award Letter from the concerned External Funding Agency (UGC/ICMR/CSIR/CSIR-UGC/DBT/DST/AYUSH NET) OR
- If the above is not available, a score card of the result of the UGC/ICMR/CSIR/CSIR-UGC/DBT/DST/AYUSH NET. Qualifying Exam, clearly stating that the applicant has qualified in the exam and is selected for awarding of External Fellowship can be uploaded.
- Recent and valid domicile certificate with minimum of 07 Years issued by Tahsildar.
1. Indian National Applicants sponsored by NIMHANS, should upload ‘Sponsorship Certificate’ and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from Competent Authority, NIMHANS.
2. Indian National Applicants sponsored by Government of India OR State Government should upload Sponsorship certificate.
3. Foreign National Applicants should upload a sponsorship certificate from Government of concerned Country or Universities
Certificates relating to ‘Foreign National Category’:
- Foreign Nationals Applicants possessing eligible qualification from a University/College outside India, are required To upload Equivalency Certificate.
- Foreign Nationals Applicants should upload a ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India or Diplomatic Mission/Consulate of India in the country of which Applicant is a citizen of.
- Disability Certificate validating the ‘Type of Disability’ Field, filled in the Online Application Form
The Pattern of the examination is as follows:-
1. The entrance examination will be conducted through online mode. Medium of the exam will be English. The entrance examination will cover wide range of subjects from PG level course in MA/MSc Psychology as follows: General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Research Methodology and Statistics, Basics of Psychiatry and Contemporary studies and trends in Psychology.
2. Total time allotted for the exam is one and half hours (90 minutes).
3. The questions paper will consist of multiple choice type questions.
4. There will be negative marking and 0.25 marks will be deducted for all wrong answers. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
5. Selection will be purely based on merit in the Entrance Test. Qualifying percentage for general and OBC Category candidates is 50% and for SC/ST category candidate is 40%.
6. In the case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the Entrance test, their inter se merit will be determined as under:
- No. of attempts in the qualifying exam.
- If the number of attempts are same, candidates securing higher marks in the qualifying exam will be considered.
- If marks are also same, then, age will be the criterion.
- the event of same date of birth, candidate with lesser number of negative marks in the Entrance Test will be considered ranked higher.
8. The candidates who have been selected should submit the Original Documents on the day of admission along with requisite fee. The fee is accepted only by Debit/ Credit Cards/ Demand Draft.
Important Dates of 2022:
1. Starting date for the submission of application: 11/04/2022
2. Last date for the submission of application: 10/05/2022
3. Date of entrance examination: 11/06/2022
4.Date of Result declaration: 17/06/2022
5. Date of admission: 20/06/2022
6. Date of commencement of class: 01/07/2022
|Eligibility fee||Rs. 500/-||Eligibility fee is to be paid during admission.|
|Registration fee||Rs. 1000/-||Registration fee is to be paid during admission.|
|Tuition Fee||Rs.10,000/-||Tuition Fee is to be paid each year for the duration of the course.|
|Caution money and Hostel deposit Fee||Rs.5,000/-||Caution money and hostel deposit is to be paid during admission.|
|Library fee||Rs.2000/-||Library fee is to be paid during admission.|
|Laboratory fee||Rs.800/-||Laboratory fee is to be paid during admission.|
|Examination fee||Rs.2250/-||Examination fee is to be paid twice (part I and II) for the duration of the course.|
|Mark card fee||Rs.200/-||Mark card fee is to be paid each year for the duration of the course.|
|Hostel Charges||Rs. 280/-||Hostel charge includes electrical and water charges. It is to be paid during admission.|
|Utensils fees||Rs. 60/-||Utensil charge is to be paid along with hostel charge during admission.|
|Identification card fee||Rs. 100/-||Identification card fee is to be paid during admission.|
|NHS card fee||Rs. 100/-||NHS card fee is to be paid during admission.|
Rs.25,000/- per month will be paid by National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience to the students enrolled in M.Phils. Clinical psychology. Along with stipend Contingency grant of Rs.15, 000/- per annum will be paid to the Students. Candidates selected under ‘Sponsorship Category’ or who are drawing Pay from their employers, are not eligible for Stipend from Institute.
Vestibulum euismod, leo eget varius gravida, eros enim interdum urna, non rutrum enim ante quis metus. Duis porta ornare nulla ut bibendum
December 4, 2020 at 3:12 pm